South Africa & East Africa Safari Tour
See the thundering Victoria Falls, Table Mountain, Hwange National Park and much more on this luxury adventure to South Africa and East Africa.
Our trip also takes in Chobe National Park, in Botswana, home to 150,000 African elephants, the largest concentration in the world, as well as hippos, crocodiles and lions.
We’ll stay in luxury hotels throughout the 8-day trip.
Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, is one of the highlights, on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia. It’s the biggest waterfall on the planet, twice as high as Niagara.
We’ll drive through the iconic Hwange National Park at sunrise and sunset on a Jeep safari to see the famous Big Five – lions, leopards, rhinoceros, elephants, and buffaloes.
We’ll also see African penguins waddling at Simons Town, huge ostrich sprinting at up to 45mph . . . and we’ll probably chance upon wild baboon crossing the road.
Table Mountain, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, dominates the Cape Town skyline. We’ll take a cable car up there to another world, with unbelievable views of the city and its beaches below.
The price includes:
- Three Kosher LeMehadrin meals a day, supervised by בד”ץ קייפטאון
- Two domestic flights within South Africa.
- Accommodation in luxury hotels.
- Comfortable air-conditioned tour buses.
- Mineral water on buses throughout the tour.
- Entrance fees to all the reserves.
- International flight to Cape Town and return from Victoria Falls.
- Medical and luggage Insurance
- Additional trips not included in the itinerary (eg Robben Island).
- Personal expenses (laundry, souvenirs, extra drinks).
Entry visa payable on entry to Zimbabwe ($50).
Day 1 (Wednesday) Home – Cape Town
Fly to Cape Town
Day 2 (Thersday) Cape Town
- Land in Cape Town.
- Check in to the hotel
Day 3 (Friday) Cape Town – Table Mountain
- Take a cable car up the 1,067m-high, 3km-long Table Mountain in the morning, (weather permitting) for breathtaking views of the city and its beaches, and the chance to see a huge variety of rare plant and animal life.
- Tour the city, visit Company’s Garden, Bo Kaap, the Jewish museum of South Africa and Greenmarket square. (Time dependant)
- Return to the hotel three hours before Shabbos.
- Sleep in Cape Town
Day 4 (Shabbos) Cape Town
- Shabbos in Cape Town with a walking tour of the city
- Friday night we will enjoy a leisurely Shabbos dinner.
- Shabbos morning we will relax over morning coffee and cookies.
- we have the luxury of walking to one of four Shuls close to our hotel.
- After Shul Shabbos meal
- Shalosh Seudet and Melave Malka.
Day 5 (Sunday) – Cape Town – Cape of Good Hope
- Visit the Cape Peninsula, where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet.
- Drive along one of the most beautiful coastal routes to the Cape of Good Hope.
- Visit Rookery of the Penguins
- Sleep in Cape Town
Day 6 (Monday) Cape Town – Victoria Falls
- Fly to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, the largest singular waterfall in the world.
- Elephant ride – we will learn about their life stories, behaviour patterns and anatomy from the knowledgeable Indunas who accompany every safari. After the 45 minute ride in the African bush, where abundant wildlife is often encountered, you will participate in a close-up interaction with your elephant during which time you will feed, touch and bond with your gentle giant.
- Sleep in Victoria Falls
Day 7 (Tuesday) Victoria Falls – Chobe Park, Botswana
- Cross the border to Chobe National Park, Botswana, famed for its spectacular elephant population.
- Cruise the Chobe River (approximately three hours) on the border between Zambia, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana. A chance to see elephants and hippos.
- Lunch will be served after the cruise.
- Tour the park in safari vehicles in the afternoon.
- Return in the late afternoon to Victoria Falls
- Sleep in Victoria Falls.
Day 8 (Wednesdy) Hwange National Park
- Cross the border to Hwange National Park Zimbabwe drives are done along the water Holes and deep into the park were a lot of game is seen including lions and herds of elephants.
- 2 game drives.
- return to the hotel around 20:00.
- Sleep in Victoria falls
Day 9 (Thursday) Victoria Falls – Home
- Visit Victoria Falls in the morning and see the water crash down from heights of up to 108m, creating smoke-like clouds.
- Walk in the rainforest under the rainbow splash of the falls and stop at amazing vantage points.
- See the ancient baobab trees, up to 1,500-years old!
- Fly back home
To order, complete the forms:
It is preferable to purchase insurance upon registration, in the event of a cancellation of the trip due to unforeseen medical reasons, in accordance with the rules of the policy.
Immunizations- Participants should contact their health department to receive the necessary Immunizations prior to the trip.
Travelers under the age of 18 traveling to or from South Africa:
New requirements prescribed by the South African authorities in an effort to prevent child trafficking have been in effect since 01.06.2015, and are applicable to children under the age of 18 years, who seek entry into South Africa or exit from South Africa or passage through South Africa to another country from any destination:
The necessary documentation will be available from our offices should you require same.
Unforeseen changes, which are out of the company’s control, may take place, thereby effecting the times and destinations in the itinerary.
Any changes in the prices of the flights will effect the price per traveler.
Payment in shekels or foreign currencies will be in accordance with the dollar rate in cheques or payment deposits on the day of the payment. Payments must be made prior to the trip.
Passports should be valid for an extra 6 months after the trip and should have 3 empty pages.
The trip is reliant on incoming and outgoing flights by airline companies. ‘Glatt Safaris’ cannot be held responsible for their time schedules and/or functionality.