Tour to South Africa
From 3/Aug/20 (13 Av) to 10/Aug/20 (20 AV)
Join us on an unforgettable adventure to see the majestic wildlife and spectacular scenery of South Africa.
Nothing compares to a Jeep safari at sunrise as we drive through the iconic Kruger National Park – bigger than Israel – to see lions, leopards, rhinoceros, elephants, giraffe and buffaloes greet the new day.
We’ll also take a boat trip to spot whales and seals, we’ll see African penguins waddling at the Cape of Good Hope, huge ostrich sprinting at up to 45mph . . . and we’ll probably chance upon wild baboon crossing the road.
This is a country with a beauty all of its own with towering cliffs, beautiful forests, stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters . . . and arguably the world’s greatest sunsets.
Highlights of our itinerary include the Table Mountain – one of the Seven Wonders of the World – which dominates the Cape Town skyline.
Cable cars take you up to another world, with unbelievable city views and the chance to see its famous dassies – a peculiar rodent relative of the elephant.
The price includes:
- Three Kosher LeMehadrin meals a day, supervised by בד”ץ קייפטאון
- Two domestic flights within South Africa.
- Accommodation in luxury hotels.
- Comfortable air-conditioned tour buses.
- Mineral water on buses throughout the tour.
- Entrance fees to all the reserves.
- International flight from London/New York to Johannesburg and return from Cape Town.
- Medical and luggage Insurance
- Additional trips not included in the itinerary (eg Robben Island).
Personal expenses (laundry, souvenirs, extra drinks).
Day 1 (Sunday) New York/London – Johannesburg
Fly to Johannesburg
Day 2 (Monday) Johannesburg – Kruger National Park
- Land in Johannesburg
- Visit Lion Park on– a Private Safari – pet cheetahs and lions and snap photos to show your friends back home. (Don’t worry, it’s safe!)
- Take a bus to the vast Kruger National Park, with more animal species than any other reserve in the world – 150 mammals, 500-plus birds and 100 reptiles. Also home to the famous Big Five – lions, leopards, rhinoceros, elephants, giraffes and buffaloes.
- Sleep in the Safari Reserve Area
Day 3-4 (Tuesday-Wednesday) – Kruger National Park
- Our safari schedule is uniquely designed for your game viewing pleasure – we take full advantage of the best hours of the day, so that you can see as many animals as possible, for longer periods of time!
- Rise early, (before dawn), for coffee and biscuits. Enter the park to begin our search for the active nocturnal animals such as lions, leopards, and antelope, as well as other species they prey on. Since the animals are always on the move, every game drive is completely unique – what one vehicle is lucky enough to spot, the next might miss by a few seconds!
- Back to the hotel for dinner.
- Sleep in the Safari Reserve Area
Day 5 (Thursday) Kruger – Wine route – Hermanus – Cape Town
- Early start, fly to Cape Town (via Johannesburg).
- Discover Stellenbosch wine world, visit a charming winery in one of the private estates and taste the local produce.
- Take a boat to an observation point in Hermanus for whale watching.
- Sleep in Cape Town
Day 6 (Friday) Cape Town
- Take a cable car up the 1,067m-high, 3km-long Table Mountain in the morning, (weather permitting), for breathtaking views of the city and its beaches, as well as the chance to see a huge variety of rare plant and animal life.
- Tour the city, visit Company’s Garden, Bo Kaap, the Jewish museum of South Africa and Greenmarket square. (Time dependant).
- Return to the hotel three hours before Shabbos.
- Sleep in Cape Town.
Day 7 (Shabbos) Cape Town
- Shabbos in Cape Town with a walking tour of the city
- Friday night we will enjoy a leisurely Shabbos dinner.
- Shabbos morning we will relax over morning coffee and cookies.
- Walk to a picturesque shul close to our hotel.
- Shabbos meal After Shul.
- Shalosh Seudot and Melave Malka.
Day 8 (Sunday) – Cape Town – Cape of Good Hope
- Visit the Cape Peninsula, where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet.
- Take a boat to Seal Island.
- Drive along one of the most beautiful coastal routes to the Cape of Good Hope.
- Visit Rookery of the Penguins
- Sleep in Cape Town
Day 9 (Monday) Cape Town – Home
- Fly back home.
To order, complete the forms:
It is preferable to purchase insurance upon registration, in the event of a cancellation of the trip due to unforeseen medical reasons, in accordance with the rules of the policy.
Immunizations- Participants should contact their health department to receive the necessary Immunizations prior to the trip.
Travelers under the age of 18 traveling to or from South Africa:
New requirements prescribed by the South African authorities in an effort to prevent child trafficking have been in effect since 01.06.2015, and are applicable to children under the age of 18 years, who seek entry into South Africa or exit from South Africa or passage through South Africa to another country from any destination:
The necessary documentation will be available from our offices should you require same.
Unforeseen changes, which are out of the company’s control, may take place, thereby effecting the times and destinations in the itinerary.
Any changes in the prices of the flights will effect the price per traveler.
Payment in shekels or foreign currencies will be in accordance with the dollar rate in cheques or payment deposits on the day of the payment. Payments must be made prior to the trip.
Passports should be valid for an extra 6 months after the trip and should have 3 empty pages.
The trip is reliant on incoming and outgoing flights by airline companies. ‘Glatt Safaris’ cannot be held responsible for their time schedules and/or functionality.